Why I like being a member of the American White Shepherd Association
by Jacki Wheeler, AWSA Membership Chairperson
I like being a member of AWSA because:
1. I am part of an international group that is united to promote the White
Shepherd! What could be better than that?
2. I am a part of a group of very bright and talented people who are very
interested in breeding the healthiest, best tempered White Shepherds in the
world so AWSA members who breed white shepherds are the ones to know!
3. If there is anything new and important to know about White Shepherds, I am certain that I have the AWSA Times (our newsletter) as a good source of information on a variety of topics. Not only that but you can have it mailed or get it on-line (my personal choice because it is in color and I get it faster!)
4. If I am a pet owner/companion dog owner and I am not interested in breeding or showing my White Shepherd, I still benefit because I know that I can count on AWSA members to continue to see that sound White Shepherds continue to be bred. Also, if I want a new pup or I have a friend who wants a White Shepherd I can find good breeders through AWSA.
5. If I am a breeder or want to become a breeder, AWSA is invaluable
because there are so many people who are willing to give out free advice on a
variety of topics related to the White Shepherd. Information such as finding
the proper stud dog, signs and symptoms of illnesses, how to whelp puppies,
how to make a good whelping box, what immunizations to give and when to
give them, how to ship puppies via the airlines and so much more.
6. If I want to learn to show my White Shepherd, there are plenty of
experienced folks at every show who will help a person who is starting out, no matter how young or old they are.
7. Another important aspect of AWSA is the Bulletin Board or
AWSA2 Discussion Group on-line. Here is where you can ask questions related to
AWSA itself or to discuss important issues related to the club.
for more membership and club info!